Five Secrets to Retirement Happiness
The caring and wonderful advisors at Juetten Personal Financial Planning have guided hundreds of clients as they have moved from the work life phase of their lives to the retirement phase of their lives. We learn a great deal from these clients and the lessons are new with each person or couple. From our clients who have navigated this transition to the other side, there are five secrets to retirement happiness that seem to be universal. They are:
- Have a spending plan that gives you confidence you won’t outlive your money and still provides you the lifestyle you want
- Guard against costly and frightening medical and long term care costs
- Settle into where you live, what you do and who you do it with
- Maintain enough cash reserves to give you liquidity if you need it
- Be flexible; retirement is like traveling to a new country and you don’t know what you’ll find there so be ready to go with the flow.
And it all starts with mindset. Retirement is different than anything you’ve ever done before and it’s scary, challenging, and fear is natural. However, with the right mindset, retirement can also be rewarding, fulfilling, exciting, and just plain happy.
So this is what we’ve learned from the clients we have counseled through the retirement transition and into the next phase of their life. If you want to speak with one of our team members about your transition into retirement, please call us at 425-373-9393 or email us at email@example.com.